Жарияланған материалдың жеке номері: 19208
Материал тегін жариялап, сертификат алу
Пәні: үйден оқу
Тақырыбы: “Mr. Know-All” (W.S.Maugham)
Білімділік: cтуденттерге “ Mr. Know-All ” туралы түсінік беру, қосымша тапсырмалар мен жаттығу жұмыстары арқылы бекіту.
Тәрбиелік: ұжымшылдыққа, тапқырлыққа, адамгершілікке тәрбиелеу.
Дамытушылық: ауызша және жазбаша тілдерін дамыту, ой-өрісін кеңейту, сөздік қорын байыту
Сабақ түрі: аралас
Сабақтың әдісі: түсіндіру, сұрақ-жауап, топпен жұмыс, талдау.
Пәнаралық байланыс: ағылшын тілінің әдебиеті
Сабақтың көрнекілігі: техникалық құралдар, интерактивті тақта, слайд
Оқушылармен амандасу, сабаққа қатысын тексеру. Good morning students! How are you? What date is it today? Who is absent today? Who is on duty today?
ІІ. Checking up the homework.
“The Escape” (W.S.Maugham)
ІІІ. Approval the homework
To ask questions about the last theme
ІҮ. Stage prepare students for learning new material.
“Mr. Know-All” (W.S.Maugham)
Ү. The main part.
Mr. Know-All – W. Somerset Maugham
I was prepared to dislike Max Kelada even before I knew him. The war had just finished and the passenger traffic in the ocean-going liners was heavy. Accommodation was very hard to get and you had to put up with whatever the agents chose to offer you. You could not hope for a cabin to yourself and I was thankful to be given one in which there were only two berths. But when I was told the name of my companion my heart sank. It suggested closed portholes and the night air rigidly excluded. It was bad enough to share a cabin for fourteen days with anyone (I was going from San Francisco to Yokohama), but I should have looked upon it with less dismay if my fellow passenger's name had been Smith or Brown. When I went on board I found Mr. Kelada's luggage already below. I did not like the look of it; there were too many labels on the suitcases, and the wardrobe trunk was too big. He had unpacked his toilet things, and I observed that he was a patron of the excellent Monsieur Coty for I saw on the washing-stand his scent, his hairwash and his brilliantine. Mr. Kelada's brushes, ebony with his monogram in gold, would have been all the better for a scrub. I did not at all like Mr. Kelada. I made my way into the smoking-room. I called for a pack of cards and began to play patience. I had scarcely started before a man came up to me and asked me if he was right in thinking my name was so and so. "I am Mr. Kelada," he added, with a smile that showed a row of flashing teeth, and sat down. "Oh, yes, we're sharing a cabin, I think." "Bit of luck, I call it. You never know who you're going to be put in with. I was jolly glad when I heard you were English. I'm all for us English sticking together when we're abroad, if you understand what I mean." I blinked. "Are you English?" I asked, perhaps tactlessly.
YI. Approval the new lesson
Mr. Know – All (Part I) – Work Page 1
A. Check your understanding 1. Where does the story take place? __________________________________ 2. When does the story take place? ___________________________________ 3. Who are the 2 main characters of the story? _____________ , ____________ 4. How do they meet? _____________________________________________ 5. What do we learn about the narrator in paragraph 1? ____________________________________________________________ 6. What do we learn about Mr. Kelada in paragraph 2? ____________________________________________________________
B. Find a synonym or an antonym in the story for each of the following words
1. like ≠ ___________________ 9. to accept = ______________ 2. a person who travels =___________ 10. bed on ship=______________ 3. suitcases= _______________ 11. in public ≠ in ____________
4. overseas = _______________ 12. kept out =_______________ 5. noticed = _____________
13. tactfully ≠ _______________ 6. to go on a ship =______________ 14. hardly = _______________
7. room on ship = _______________ 15. noticed = _______________ 8. felt disappointed= his _______ ______
16. initials = _________________
Mr. Know–All – Work Page 3
B. Add the correct preposition
1. to put ______ airs 4. except _____ a man 7. to be ____ his way 2. prohibition was _____ force 5. to be stationed ___ 8. a good deal _____ talk 3. They sat ____ the doctor's table 6. to be ___one's mercy
C. Fill in with the missing words
Max Kelada continued being friendly and generously 1.___________ the narrator a drink. In 3._______, he claimed that he had more liquor for any of the narrator's friends 4.______ board. - Nevertheless, the narrator felt that Max Kelada was 5._________ and much too 6.__________; he didn't even put Mister before the narrator's name. In order to escape from Mr. K., the narrator decided to go to the ____________ room. He was told by Max Kelada that they 8._______ be sitting at the same table. -Not only did the narrator 9.__________ a cabin with Max Kelada and eat all his meals with him, but every time he 10._______ a walk on the deck, he was 11._________ by Max Kelada. It was impossible to get rid 12._____ him because it never 13.__________ to him that he wasn't wanted. -
Although he was a good 14.____________ and organized many activities, the other 17._________ didn't like him. He was given the 18._______ Mr. Know-All; which was meant as an 19._______ but which he took as a 20.__________
D. Complete the following sentences
1. Mr. Ramsay was married to a nice woman who ____________________________
2. The narrator thought that ______________________________________________
3. Mr. Kelada told the party that he knew ___________________________________
4. After five minutes they were again in ____________________________________
Mr Know-All – Pair work (1A)
A. Match the beginning of the sentence to its end (work in pairs)
1. Mr. Ramsay sat ___________________________________________
2. Mr. Kelada told them that _______________________________________
3. He conducted all _____________________________________________
4. One evening Mr. Ramsay and Mr. Kelada __________________________
5. Mrs. Ramsay was _____________________________________________
6. She wore a __________________________________________________
C. “True” or “False” (Correct the wrong statements)
1. The story takes place after the war. __________
2. The writer was glad to have a cabin with two berths. __________
2. Mr. Kelada believed that Englishmen should stay together
when they are abroad. __________
3. The narrator refused to drink with Mr. Kelada. __________
4. Mr. Kelada was most likeable at lunch times. __________
5. Mr. Kelada was confident that he did not make mistakes. __________
6. If you disagreed with Mr. Kelada on any subject, he would
stop talking to you. __________
7. The doctor wasn’t a very interesting person. __________
8. The arguments between Mr. Kelada and Mr. Ramsay were
short and interesting. __________
9. Mr. Ramsay was going to take a holiday in New York. __________
10. Mr. and Mrs. Ramsay weren’t very similar to each other. __________
Now correct the wrong statements:
ҮІІ. Conclusion. Students I think today’s our new lesson was interesting for you.
ҮІІІ. Giving marks. Giving marks to the students.
ІХ. Giving home tasks. Your home task will be write exercises from the book
сайтынан “Mr. Know-All” (W.S.Maugham) Ағылшын тілінен ашық сабақтар материалды тегін жүктеп сабақ барысында қолдануға рұқсат етіледі. Жарияланған материалға tarbie.org сайтының әкімшілігі жауапты емес
Авторы: Аққұлова Айнұр Толқынбекқызы
«КАСПИЙ» ПЕДАГОГИКА ЖӘНЕ САЛАЛЫҚ ТЕХНОЛОГИЯЛАР КОЛЛЕДЖІ Ағылшын тілі мұғалімі