Жарияланған материалдың жеке номері: 22666
Материал тегін жариялап, сертификат алу
Step Three Newspapers
Teacher: Kurbashova K.S
The aims of the lesson:
• To introduce the text about newspapers;
• Scan for specific information and learn words connected with mass media: newspapers;
• To read about other people’s thinks and share with own ideas.
1. Warm up
2. Team work “Reading for gist”
3. Pair work “Fill in the gaps”
4. Team work “Discussion”
The expected result
• They will know the text about newspapers;
• They will be able to scan for specific information and and learn wordsconnected with mass media: newspapers;
• They will read about other people’s thinks and share with own ideas.
The main idea
• Create “Wordbank” based on mass media: newspapers
• Expectation: to makes expectations and do research in class.
• Working out: understanding the implication of a task and selecting material to suit it.
1. Self assessment
2. Check with correct answers
3. Anecdotal notes
TEACHER’S NOTES ABOUT THE LESSON (WHAT WILL TEACHER AND STUDENTS DO DURING THE LESSON?)
I. Organization moment
2. Work in one team
1) What images come to your mind when you hear the word “news”?
2) Do you think news is usually happy or sad?
3) Do you prefer to watch, listen to or read about news?
4) What areas of the world are you most interested in?
5) What kinds of stories hit the headlines in your local newspaper?
6) What are your favourite sections of the newspaper?
7) What was the last piece of good news you heard?
8) Do you trust everything you read, see or hear on the news?
II. Main part
Step 1: Team work “Reading for gist”
* Read the text. Pay attention to the words in bold.
I like reading newspapers, especially on Sundays. I get a big cup of coffee, buy the New York Times and sit down for a long scan through the various sections. Of course, I tend to head right to the cartoons sometimes called the “funnies”. By looking at the first page, I see what the principle stories are by looking at the headlines. One of my favorite sections is where various opinions are expressed in the editorials. Some of these opinions are sensational, but they are not nearly as bad as the gossip columns, which usually make me laugh! I would always like a better job, so I go to the classified section and take a look at the want ads. The New York Times has wonderful reporters, who do an excellent job getting the facts right. Unfortunately, the weather forecast is often quite wrong. One last thing, do you know why the New York Times is so large? Because of the advertising, which sometimes takes up an entire page!
Assessment: Self assessment
Step 2: Pair work “Fill in the gaps”
Check your memory. Put each of the following words or phrases in the correct gap. There is one extra word.
cartoons, gossip columns, reviews, headlines, want ads, classified section, sections, sensational, scan, editorials, reporters, forecast, advertising, opinions.
сайтынан Step Three Newspapers Ағылшын тілінен ашық сабақтар материалды тегін жүктеп сабақ барысында қолдануға рұқсат етіледі. Жарияланған материалға tarbie.org сайтының әкімшілігі жауапты емес
Авторы: Құбашова Құралай Сағынбаевна
Жамбыл облысы Қордай ауданы Сарыбұлақ ауылы № 31 орта мектеп Ағылшын тілі мұғалімі