Whether you are planning on extending, renovating or building from scratch, a visit to the Homebuilding & Renovating Show will ensure you pick up the tools and tips you need to make your project a success.
If you are embarking on your very first self build project, then definitely make sure you catch Jason Orme’s Self Build Explained: A beginner’s guide to building your own home seminar in the Self Build theatre.
Sally Tagg’s Planning Permission: How to find your way through the planning maze is also essential if you daunted by the idea of submitting your plans for approval from your local planning authority.
Other unmissable seminars, by show regulars Bob Branscombe and Allan Corfield in the Self Build Theatre include:
- how to find a reliable builder
- a step by step guide to how a house is built
- a beginner’s guide to low energy homes
- how to build your own home for under £100k
Over in the Home Improvement Theatre, interior designers Julia Kendell and Mariana Pedroso will be sharing their knowledge to help you make your home as beautiful as possible, while Sally Tagg and Tim Pullen will take to the stage to explain Permitted Development, how to renovate old houses and how to choose the right heating system for your home.
You can also catch property expert Michael Holmes sharing his tips on the extension design ideas that can add both space and value to your home.
Don’t worry if you can’t attend all of the sessions in your visit, you are welcome to come back for a second day free of charge.
See the full seminar timetable here
If you find that you want a bit of advice that is specific to your project, then make sure you head to the Advice Centre as soon as you arrive at the show to book a free, 15-minute consultation with one of the experts who will be able to advise on a plethora of topics, including:
- Finding land
- Planning permission
- Interior design
Find out which experts will be on the Advice Centre during your visit
What to Look Out For
- New for 2018 is the Trades Secrets Stage (in conjunction with Checkatrade) a collection of 30-minute sessions that run throughout the day, designed to give you all the knowledge and tips you need in order to make sure your home improvement project is completed on time and on budget
- Also new is the Real Homes Advice Centre where you can get free one-to-one interior design advice in a 15 minute consultation. The experts from Real Homes will be on the stand sharing their advice, including the brand’s new columnist and Instagram influencer Lisa Dawson
- Amongst the hundred of exhibitors showing and demonstrating thousands of products across all areas of the self build and home improvement industry, you’ll find Checkatrade, Internorm, C-tec and Kitchens4DIY to name a just few of the names you can see at the show
- You’ll also find some very special show-only subscription offers on the magazine stand, including Homebuilding & Renovating, Period Living and the new-look Real Homes
Plan Your Day
Download the show app (search the App Store for Homebuilding & Renovating Show) or check out the Homebuilding & Renovating Show website to plan your visit around your project.
Get two free tickets to the Homebuilding & Renovating Show